Classless Maradona unloads on media after Argentina qualify

Diego Maradona was criticized a great deal and Wednesday was his day to sound off. His painful win allowed him to truly say what he had in mind to his detractors and critics.

Known for being emotionally extremist, insulting, and abhorringly arrogant, the Argentine national coach has once again struck a nerve in the collective mindset of the soccer world after his actions in the post-game press conference after Argentina defeated Uruguay 1-0 and qualified directly to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Here are some of his pearls of wisdom from the postgame press conference:

"I had support. There were no problems. Dalma and Giannina always told which of you were mother**** and which ones weren't motherf****s."

"This goes to those who did not believe in the national team. Those of you that treated me like a (piece of) garbage. Today we are in the World Cup with no one's help, with all the accolades, beating a great team like Uruguay. To those of you that didn't believe in me, you can suck my d***. I am black or white, never gray. Those of you who treated me that way, suck my d***."

"I am going to make several criticisms, but I am going to do them on my own, not with you all as you have alredy made them. I took on the role of head coach to help the team move forward and today I became a coach."

He even took personal shots at individual journalists present, especially one that questioned his hug with former national team coach and current manager Carlos Salvador Bilardo. "(The press) made up a story that I was fighting with Bilardo, that we would not see each other. We are always together at the (Ezeiza) complex. If (the press) want to continue exchanging false information, that is your problem."

Full Video | Part 1 | part 2 l part3

More

Full video ! Part1 / part2 / part3 / part4

No comments:

Post a Comment